Run fast ... fall down

Run fast ... fall down

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hoka Bondi.B

I got a chance to try out the new Hoka Bondi.B. I was immediately corrected when calling them "bond-ee bee" that it's pronounced "bond-eye bee".
On first glance, Hoka has only slightly improved the look. They still have plenty of neon colors but the upper is neutral gray.  The tread appears to be not as aggressive as the Mafate, if you could ever call that aggressive.

Having just run in my Mafates I slapped on the new road shoes (again these run a half size small, I normally wear 11 in everything, 11.5 in Hokas) and took them out on the road. They feel to me just like the Mafates. Although the sole is supposed to be firmer, it felt the same.
I opted to not buy them right now as they're still $180 and do not seem substantially different than what I already have. I haven't come close to the miles that runners claim Hokas can stand up to, so until then I'll stay with my Mafates, and maybe by that time, I can find a pair of the mauna kea's.

No comments:

Post a Comment