Run fast ... fall down

Run fast ... fall down

Monday, December 12, 2011

Kiholo Bay - Big Island Hawaii

I'm in Hawaii for a conference this week. Arrived at the airport at 2 pm, got my rental, drove to the hotel and changed into some running clothes for a short jaunt out to Kiholo Bay - a lagoon with no road within a mile or so, keeping crowds at a minimum.



Last time I was here, we parked at milemarker 81 of the highway, this time I turned down a road between 82 and 83, parked my car at the first lot and headed down the road. Found a more direct trail to the lagoon. Difficult running into a STRONG headwind on loose sand.

The lava meets the water.

I scurried around the lagoon snapping photos of lavatubes and sea turtles swimming in the lagoon.






Ended up with about 4 miles with a little annoyance from my right kneecap still. - First run after a week off after tNF50. Garmin watch data

No comments:

Post a Comment