Run fast ... fall down

Run fast ... fall down

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mafate WP vs other Hokas

Grabbed some Hoka One One Mafate WPs on sale and took them out for a jaunt up Bear. Came home not so happy. I fired off an email to customer support at Hoka regarding how un-cushy they are. They seem to teeter over rocks rather than swallowing them up leading to sore ankles, sore feet and feeling like I had a pair of bricks on my feet.

Hi Joey,

Thanks for your email.  The Mafate WP has the exact same dimensions as the regular Mafate, however the die used in the EVA does seem to cause it to be a bit firmer, the WP layer in the upper does play into this as well.  The shoe will break in and get softer, but it will take some time.  The Stinson B, the 2nd shoe you bought also has the dampest EVA of any used in our shoes, this was by design as its purpose is as a rehab/recovery shoe and therefore absorbing more energy is beneficial.

Hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Jackie Oleksyn
Sent: Tue 9/20/2011 12:17 PM
Subject: FW: Mafate WP

Hi Steve:

Can you respond to this guy as I am not sure if all his issues are because of the waterproofing or not.
Please cc Cyrus and I so we know how you respond.
He more than likely bought them at The Clymb sale and I would ask that if he has an issue that he needs to return them though The Clymb.

Jackie



It's a little interesting how the website doesn't mention any difference between the soles. I didn't notice any difference from my Mafates and Stinsons 

No comments:

Post a Comment