Run fast ... fall down

Run fast ... fall down

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June update

Consistency feels so promising. I've put together a few months of build-up in terms of weekly mileage. I have now surpassed what I thought was an overly optimistic goal of 40 miles per week by following a plan of 3 weeks building followed by a rest week.

In each of the building sets I feel a little stronger and fitter and now that it is summer, I can focus a little more on specific runs I've always wanted to do and less on just logging miles. I hope to include some leadville specific training runs at high altitude as well as a small amount of speed/strength training.

My long runs in the last set were 17-19 miles with 5-6K elevation gain. The plan is to transition to long runs greater than 30 miles, in late July while keeping my weekly miles in the 40. I hope to report back soon with some photos deep in the high country. Keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment